The Inclusive Martial Arts Platform, developed by the UNESCO ICM in collaboration with the UNESCO Chair IT Tralee, provides educational resources for martial arts educators.
An innovative online educational course has been designed for increasing self-efficacy among martial arts instructors, preparing them to effectively work with women and girls, people with disabilities and other marginalised groups.
- The Basics of Inclusion
- What You Need to Know About Disabilities and Impairments
- Women and Girls in Martial Arts
- Strategies for Inclusive Coaching
- How to Include Participants With Disabilities
- Further Learning
More webinars coming in 2021
Benefits of Physical Activity
- Self Confidence ↑
- Body Function ↑
- Independence ↑
- Self Protection
- Mental Health
- Prevention of Secondary Diseases
“Sporthas the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair.”Nelson Mandela
UNESCO Chair in Inclusive PE, Sport, Recreation and Fitness
- The UNESCO Chair 'Transforming the Lives of People with Disabilities, their Families and Communities, Through Physical Education, Sport, Recreation and Fitness", based in Ireland, contributed to the develpment of this platform.